Re: Newbie questions...

From: Jun Ohta
Subject: Re: Newbie questions...
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:48:45 +0900

Hello,

'edit' function uses the following M-file:
"/opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.50/site/m/octave-forge/miscellaneous/edit.m".

I hadn't used this function on MS windows. But, I tried to use it there. It
seemed to
generate M-file names with path for the default editor. But, the resulting file
names wih
path seemed to be suitable for editors on cygwin (not suitable for notepad on
MS windows).

I usually edit M-files from Explorer on MS windows.
If your m-files are put in "c:\octave", you can use those functions after the
following
command.

path( [':/cygdrive/c/octave//'] )

To conduct the above command at every octave startup, I use an ".octaverc" or
"octaverc"
file which have the above command line. See your manual (HTML) for "Startup
Files" in
"Getting Started".

Jun Ohta
Okayama University