Re: licensing question

From: Michael Creel
Subject: Re: licensing question
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 17:56:08 +0000

On 2/23/06, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
On 23-Feb-2006, Michael Creel wrote:

| When I say "port", I mean modify the program to compile using Matlab,
| but in no way using Octave, dropping oct.h, etc.  But the modified
| source would need to be GPL'd, since it would be derived from the
| existing source, which is GPL'd.

Yes, but if you are the original and only author, then you can add an
exception to the license for your code (and your code only) that
allows this kind of use, assuming that is what you want to do.

No, if anyone uses the code, I want it to be under the terms of the GPL.
Thanks for the clarification.