help-rcs

rcsi (was Re: list locked files (was Re: File locked

From: Aaron S. Hawley
Subject: rcsi (was Re: list locked files (was Re: File locked
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 13:34:30 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Colin Brough wrote:

> > i have a shell script called rcstell
>
> In a similar vein, I wrote 'rcsi' (RCS information) to do this kind of
> thing. See:
>
>       http://www.colinbrough.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/linux.html
>
> for explanation and download.
>
> Cheers
>
> Colin

thanks for posting this.  great tool.  i'm glad it is text-rich, and not
reliant on colors.  simply for the sake of being more accessibile to
people especially the blind.

it would be interesting to rename it `rcsls` or `rls` and have it operate
with more similarities to /bin/ls with -l showing owner, revision number,
and modification dates, etc. (and have -L show only locked files).

/a

--
"If you show up, the next thing you know you are being... who knows?"
 - Colin Powell on risks of travelling to Belgium to appear in court for