Re: info info; man info (documentation about info)

From: Arsen Arsenović
Subject: Re: info info; man info (documentation about info)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2023 17:57:29 +0100

Hi Eli,

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> I'd expect downstream distros to do that already.  If they don't,
> maybe Texinfo should (although I'm not sure how to arrange for that in
> a way that won't make the job of Texinfo release too complicated).  I
> definitely agree that it would be good to have info.info accompany the
> Texinfo installation.

Checking Fedora, Debian and Gentoo, it'd appear none of them do that.
Not doing it upstream also leaves room for its omission by accident
downstream, so I think doing it at release time is the right route.

I can adjust Gentoo, but I can't say the same for the other two, and
everyone who is building Texinfo manually.
--
Arsen Arsenović