hurd-devel

Re: gnumach release

From: Roland McGrath
Subject: Re: gnumach release
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 19:43:36 -0500 (EST)

> I think the only thing that came up when you mentioned it before was the
> upper limit on installed memory, but that newer happened anyway.  I think
> there is a workaround available, and anyway fixing it for 2.0 (or later)
> will certainly be good enough for me.

Yeah, I think that is definitely too hairy a thing to tackle in the
moribund codebase.

> The bugs in the Debian BTS will not be fixed in gnumach (they are either too
> difficult to fix or not important).  I see a lot of these items go with
> oskit version of GNU Mach, though.

37945 should be either closed or followed up.  From that report, there is
nothing that says it is a kernel problem vs a Hurd problem.

42156 has I think been resolved with new GRUB features.

Is 45605 still a problem?

82600 seems like it was just a resource thing, and then there is some porn
spam in the report. :-)  Can we close that one?

113732 should be trivial to fix, or it should be marked as punted.