Re: [igraph] error message -> crash.

From: Figa Pelosa
Subject: Re: [igraph] error message -> crash.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:29:17 +0000 (GMT)

it's not a very "small" graph, since it has 120 nodes and 7000 edges :(
do you want me to send it anyway?
I've run my algorithm on 2 different machines (on the same graph of course) and
the crash happened only in one of them..

I'd also like to ask you another question:

I installed igraph on a linux machine where I hadn't root access. when I call
"from igraph import *" I get the following error:
traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "igraph/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    from igraph.core import *
ImportError: No module named core

why? this is what I did..

1) installed python2.5 locally (python2.3 did not allow me to run igraph's
setup.py, complaining with "ImportError: No module named subprocess"

2) compiled the C igraph library in my home, using "./configure" and "make"

3) I called:
python setup.py build_ext -I /home/figa/igraph_C/include/
and I got this error:

In file included from src/edgeobject.h:28,
                 from src/edgeobject.c:26:
src/graphobject.h:28:27: igraph/igraph.h: No such file or directory

4) I then created a directory called /home/figa/igraph_C/include/igraph
and copied there everything there was in /home/figa/igraph_C/include ..now it
compiled.

5) I called:
python setup.py build
and everything worked

6) I called:
python setup.py install --home /home/figa/
and got no complains

7) I've run:
export PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/home/rugwn140/crippa/lib/python/
and launched python

8) when I run "from igraph import *"
it says:
raceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "igraph/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    from igraph.core import *
ImportError: No module named core

please help me, I'm getting mad..