Re: [igraph] error message -> crash.

From: Tamas Nepusz
Subject: Re: [igraph] error message -> crash.
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 22:06:21 +0100

it's not a very "small" graph, since it has 120 nodes and 7000 edges :(
do you want me to send it anyway?
Yup, send it to me anyway. Of course it helps if you can cut it down a little bit as long as it still produces the error deterministically.

I've run my algorithm on 2 different machines (on the same graph of course) and the crash happened only in one of them..
Is there a difference between the OS of the two machines? (E.g., one is 32-bit while the other is 64-bit or so)

I installed igraph on a linux machine where I hadn't root access. when I call "from igraph import *" I get the following error:
traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
 File "igraph/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
   from igraph.core import *
ImportError: No module named core

why?
Do you have a file named core.so in the directory where the Python interface is installed? Also note that core.so requires libigraph.so.0 which was compiled with the C core, so it might be missing libigraph.so.0 instead. Note that libigraph.so.0 must be either in / lib, /usr/lib or you must specify the directory containing libigraph.so.0 explicitly before launching Python:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/figa/wherever/libigraph.so.0/is
python

Personally, I do the following when I have to install igraph on a machine where I don't have root access:

1. Download and extract the igraph source code
2. ./configure --prefix=/home/tamas && make && make install -- this installs the igraph library in /home/tamas/lib and the include files in /home/tamas/include/igraph 3. Add the following line to my .bashrc to make the dynamic library loader find libigraph.so:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/tamas/lib
4. Log out and log back in so the OS picks up the changes in my .bashrc
5. Download the Python interface
6. Edit setup.cfg in the Python interface to point to the right include path (/home/tamas/include) and the right library path (/home/ tamas/lib)
7. Compile and install the Python interface in my home dir
8. Run python and import igraph