Re: [igraph] Retrieve nodes forming a motif with subgraph_isomorphisms

From: Phil Cui
Subject: Re: [igraph] Retrieve nodes forming a motif with subgraph_isomorphisms
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:08:16 -0400

I compare ego with neighbors through system.time() and it turned out that ego was faster, but it may be just based on the couple of examples I tested.

No, I didn't copy the whole graph. Actually, the R code is almost the same as the Python one.

Phil Hengjun Cui
Drexel University | Electrical and Computer Engineering
Philadelphia, USA

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> (1) I apply ego to get the neighbors since ego runs faster than neigbhors:
        neighbors_motif_current <- ego( g_OriginGraph, 1, motif_current )

Are you sure about that? I would think that ego() is slower.

Also, I see no significant difference between the Python and R parts
that you have posted - could it be the case that the difference lies
elsewhere? For instance, could it happen that you accidentally "copy"
a graph or a large subset of it in the R code that you don't do in
Python?

T.