Re: [igraph] Retrieve nodes forming a motif with subgraph_isomorphisms

From: Dr Gregory Jefferis
Subject: Re: [igraph] Retrieve nodes forming a motif with subgraph_isomorphisms
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2015 03:10:28 +0100

On 19 Aug 2015, at 2:30, Phil Cui wrote:

Hi Greg,

Thank you for sharing us with what you have experienced. This is exactly
what happened on my code, i.e. such data structure as igraph.vs and
igraph.es in the new version of igraph seem slow down indexing. I will try to turn off the option of the encapsulated data structure according to your suggestion by setting igraph_options(return.vs.es = F ) and to check if it
will run faster. Will let you know.

Just to add that if you read through the thread, Gabor explained why he does not recommend setting this option for general use.

You could try installing the latest version from github and see if that helps. And of course if you can convert the returned sequences to integers that will be much faster again.

Best,

Greg.

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD