Re: [igraph] Retrieve nodes forming a motif with subgraph_isomorphisms

From: Phil Cui
Subject: Re: [igraph] Retrieve nodes forming a motif with subgraph_isomorphisms
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 15:12:54 -0400

Yes, neither do I think that should slow down the code. However, that's the only part that two code are different in. So, I would like to hear from Gabor about how igraph.vs() works.

Thank you, Tamas. You really help me a lot through our discussion. I really appreciate!

Phil Hengjun Cui
Drexel University | Electrical and Computer Engineering
Philadelphia, USA

On Fri, Aug 14, 2015 at 12:33 PM, Tamas Nepusz <address@hidden> wrote:
> is the reason of slowing down the code because the attributes of "igraph.vs" or "igraph.es" occupies more memory?

I don't think that makes a significant difference, unless igraph.vs()
is doing something weird behind the scenes (theoretically, it should
only be a wrapper that encapsulates the vertex indices). However, I'm
not too familiar with the internals of the R interface so Gábor can
probably answer this way better than me.

T.