Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages

From: Steinar Børmer
Subject: Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 22:45:23 +0200

Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann@gmx.net> writes:

| bigfaceworm@hotmail.com (bigfaceworm) writes:
|
| > My Gnus *info* pages are all screwed up.  The build/install of
| > Gnus never seems to be able to generate them properly, so looking
| > up docs is kind of hit and miss.  It's much easier using *info*
| > than Google.  ;-)
|
| But I run Gnus in-place: I say "./configure" and "make", but not
| "make install".  Then I add the gnus/texi subdir to $INFOPATH, and
| Bob's my uncle.

And that's the Right Way(tm).  =)

For those _installing_ gnus, here are Lars' own words about that.

>From the README (from No Gnus):

  "Do not say "make install".  I repeat, do *NOT* say "make install".
   If you say "make install" and then complain about things not
   working, I'll be very annoyed.  If you say "make install" and
   things happen to work, that's all fine and dandy for you, but it's
   quite likely that it won't."

--
SB

I am so smart, so smart - s-m-r-t!  I mean, s-m-A-r-t!
                                        - Homer Simpson