Re: jed -> gnus newbie

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: jed -> gnus newbie
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 14:52:18 +0200

On Thu, May 04 2006, Glyn Millington wrote:

> notbob <notbob@nothome.com> writes:
>> 1. How are the bizarre letter combinations for some functions
>> keyed?  IOW, for gnus-article-treat-overstrike, the gnus manual shows
>> the letter combo 'W v'.  I know this is for washing verbose, but I can
>> only do it using the menu.

Works for me.

,----[ `C-h k <f1> t' ]

`----

,----[ (info "(gnus)Emacs for Heathens") ]
| 10.8 Emacs for Heathens
| =======================
|
| Believe it or not, but some people who use Gnus haven't really used
| Emacs much before they embarked on their journey on the Gnus Love Boat.
| If you are one of those unfortunates whom "`C-M-a'", "kill the region",
| and "set `gnus-flargblossen' to an alist where the key is a regexp that
| is used for matching on the group name" are magical phrases with little
| or no meaning, then this appendix is for you.  If you are already
| familiar with Emacs, just ignore this and go fondle your cat instead.
`----

HTH

>> 2. Note my 'Sender:' header.  Where is emacs getting that variable?
>>    How can I change/disable it?

FAQ (see <http://my.gnus.org/FAQ> if you don't have Gnus 5.10 or
later):

,----[ (info "(gnus)[5.10]") ]
| Question 5.10
|
| How to tell Gnus not to generate a sender header?
`----

Gnus 5.10 doesn't create it anymore:

,----[ (info "(gnus)Oort Gnus") ]
|    * Gnus no longer generate the Sender: header automatically.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,