Re: New issue: emails get stuck in Mail/Incoming* files

From: Francis Moreau
Subject: Re: New issue: emails get stuck in Mail/Incoming* files
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 01:40:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Tassilo,

On Oct 30, 8:04 am, Tassilo Horn <tass...@member.fsf.org> wrote:
> Francis Moreau <francis.m...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hm, to see where the splitting process delivered a mail, you can use
> this.
>
> ,----[ (info "(gnus)Splitting Mail") ]
> |    If you wish to see where the previous mail split put the messages,
> | you can use the `M-x nnmail-split-history' command.
> `----
>
> But most probably this doesn't show anything, because you said that they
> don't show up in any inbox.

No this doesn't help since the emails seem not going through the split
process and stay at the 'Incoming' stage.

> I had a similar thing when upgrading from dovecot 1.1 to 1.2 (that's my
> local imap server).  In 1.1, the dot was used as separator while in 1.2
> it is a /.  So the old foo.bar group didn't get any new messages.  Then,
> I found out that I had to enter the server buffer and subscribe to
> foo/bar and friends, which contained all the new and the old mails.

I took a look to the server buffer, but nothing wrong I can notice
unfortunately.

> But I guess you use nnml or nnmaildir, right?

yes I use nnml.

So I guess I need to debug this with a debuger, but I was wondering if
you or someone else have any hints since I'm going to have hard time
to find out what's going on...

Thanks