make a reference, or 'reconnect' sent post somewhere else (was: Re: How

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: make a reference, or 'reconnect' sent post somewhere else (was: Re: How to save the attachment?)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 01:12:08 +0200

Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all

Quanyang Liu also posted this post on gnu.emacs.help,
although it doesn't show in the headers. Maybe he did
two individual postings.

I replied here, and I wonder if I can make a reference
to that post, on the gnu.emacs.help, as a followup to
"this" post (the one that appeared on that list)?

Is there a Gnus/Goggle Groups interface so that I
quickly can get the URL? Or an interface to where the
list is archived? Yeah, where *is* the list/group
archived the usual GNU way? I Googled and surprisingly
enough it gave me GG as the first hit (which I don't
want to use as it requires JavaScript and I don't have
that in Emacs-w3m).

Coolest, of course would be a non-web solution, but it
is my impression that the newsservers don't keep the
articles for very long.

If there isn't an obvious way to make a reference, can
I go to my "sent" group, open the reply, and then tell
Gnus to send it again, only as a followup not to the OP
but to the other post, in the other group?

Yes, I can simply kill and yank but it seems a bit
brutish.

--
underground experts united