Re: Immediate expiration

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: Immediate expiration
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 14:32:42 -0600

Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> writes:

> * Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
>> Is there a way I can make messages that I have already expired from
>> the Summary buffer really disappear from view?
>
> I use (setq nnmail-expiry-wait 'immediate), and both Z G nd Z R work for
> me, they make E articles disappear immediately (which I marked with E key).
>
> I also have (setq gnus-agent-expire-all t), but I am not sure if it
> comes into play.

That's it -- it's the "Z G" (gnus-summary-rescan-group) that does it.  I
have to run that after expiring to make them go away.  I may create a
function that runs gnus-summary-expire-articles-now then
gnus-summary-rescan-group on one keypress.

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent