Re: alt-tab? really? you're joking...

From: Hikaru Ichijyo
Subject: Re: alt-tab? really? you're joking...
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2015 22:40:23 -0600

incal <embe8573@student.uu.se> writes:

> Hikaru Ichijyo <ichijyo@macross.sdf.jp> writes:
>
>> It seems that the key binding for name completion is
>> M-TAB.
>
> Completion sucks anyway. Setup aliases and type the
> aliases instead: style, precision, speed.

All my problems went away today when I upgraded to v3.  I had been
trying to use v2, since officially the newer one is "unstable."

>> And the Info docs say that you can't rebind it.
>
> Really? Can you quote that?

http://bbdb.sourceforge.net/bbdb.html#SEC83

In bug #1, "M-TAB conflicts with ispell" (and they could have also
mentioned, the window-switching keys of half the desktop managers in
existence, but they didn't mention that), they say:

"The suggested workarounds are to rebind the ispell key (the BBDB
binding is not configurable at this time)."

It doesn't matter because I think all of this refers to v2.  BBDB v3
doesn't have a proper Info manual yet, and it tab completes with just
TAB, no M-TAB needed.

Looking forward to the v3 manual!

--
He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent