Re: Gnus capitalizes non-header "from"

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Gnus capitalizes non-header "from"
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 17:00:10 +0100

Christoph writes:

> I did some more systematic tests.  The mangling is visible in the
> locally saved version of the message, so it's definitely caused locally.

What format do you use for your sent messages folder? nnfolder?

> The problem does *not* occur if I do not sign the message!  It *does*
> occur when the message is signed either with an OpenPGP or with an
> S/MIME key.

Aha. Maybe that is to avoid the lines starting with "[Ff]rom " being
(potentially) mangled after signing, leaving the signature invalid.

> It's not a new problem, I remember seeing it for the first time years
> ago.

Yeah, mbox has used "From " as the separator for decades.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the          Adam Sjøgren
  reality I accept."                                     asjo@koldfront.dk