Re: smtpmail vs msmtp

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: smtpmail vs msmtp
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2019 00:10:48 +0200

On Thu, 01 Aug 2019 13:44:21 -0700
Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> I'm using smtp with multiple accounts, and a `message-send-mail-hook'
> that sets the msmtp account based on the From header. Is that still the
> way everyone is doing it? Is there anything simpler for handling
> multiple accounts?

I'm also using multiple accounts and all I'm doing to that end on Emacs
side seems to be the following:

(setq send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail
      message-send-mail-function 'message-send-mail-with-sendmail
      sendmail-program "/usr/bin/msmtp"
      message-sendmail-envelope-from 'header
      message-sendmail-f-is-evil nil)

I.e., I let msmtp pick the account based on the From header.

--
Štěpán