info-sather

Re: Second call: New project leader needed for GNU Sather

From: Norbert Nemec
Subject: Re: Second call: New project leader needed for GNU Sather
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 07:58:22 +0200

Hey, that's exactly the way I imagined it. What the project needs is not the
one guy who does all the dirty work, but just someone who gets the thing
moving. I intended to do someting like that two years ago, but with the revised
library somewhere in pre-alpha state it was just not the right moment. Now, we
might be at a completely different point, especially since the state of the
project as define a lot more clearly than back then (license issues have been
settled, relationship between GNU and Waikato is established, etc.)

If there is noone else who could imagine taking lead, I do not have any
objections against John Meacham stepping in. As it looks, he will certainly
need others to share responsibility, but I think these people will show up
soon.

If there are any others who could imagine helping out on certain tasks, please
speak up. It is always good to have the project backed up by a number of people
supporting it.

I would like to wait a few more days for any other opinions on these topics,
before me make any decision. Anyway, there is, of course, no point in waiting
too long... :-)

Ciao,
Nobbi

--