jami

Re: [Ring] updating Ring, can't log in

From: Daniel Pocock
Subject: Re: [Ring] updating Ring, can't log in
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 19:58:36 +0100

On 02/08/17 19:53, Stepan Salenikovich wrote:

> You should verify with Adrien, but IIRC it was chosen to no longer
> support such old versions at all, so migration is not possible if you
> have an account old enough to not even have a password. In this case,
> the bug is that there is no way to delete this unusable account and
> that Ring even tries to migrate it at all.

I've given demos at various events during 2016 and so there are probably
other people who installed that version too.  Most of these people would
be more advanced users but they will find it annoying so it would be
good if you can find a way to make it detect such accounts and remove
them gracefully.

Regards,

Daniel