Re: POSIX

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: POSIX
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:47:28 +0200

At Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:07:27 +0200,
<address@hidden> wrote:
> No wonder this project isn't going anywhere, with the core developers
> lacking a vision of what the Hurd has to offer.

Or maybe we have too many visions :)

> I really wish you would
> come to my presentation; maybe I could give you at least a slight idea
> of what vast possiblities I see in the Hurd design, why I'm interested
> in it in the first place.

You can make a recording, and put it online.  You definitely can make
the slides available online.  Please post a link.  If you need space
to host, let me know.

> Mind you, all of them fit perfectly well in Hurd's POSIX++ approach.

I will try to determine this when I have actually heard your
arguments.

I will answer the rest of your mail later.  But note that I see deep
difficulties in any approach that starts with POSIX, and then tries to
improve it after the fact.