Re: Challenge: Find potential use cases for non-trivial confinement

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Challenge: Find potential use cases for non-trivial confinement
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 12:07:33 +0200

Scribit address@hidden dies 03/05/2006 hora 01:06:
> The hall of fame can be provided as a service, by the entity who
> installed the game. (Probably the admin, or just some normal user.)

But this fails to address the guarantee that only through the game you
will access the service.

In your scheme, I'll just have to contact the service and ask for a
record above all others. That's precisely because of this that I
envisioned the idea of a checking score daemon:

http://arcanes.fr.eu.org/~pierre/2005/07/score%20daemon/

You see, I've thought very hard on the problem of game scoring.

> Note that the same pattern applies for many many use cases, including
> ones that are more "serious" than the one you proposed :-)

But I'm not as much interested in them as this one. ;-)

Fairly,
Nowhere man
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A