Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: Re: [Libcdio-devel] libdio 0.76cvs last call?
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:07:39 -0400

Nicolas Boullis writes:
 > Hi,
 > <disclaimer>I know very little (not to say close to nothing) about
 > pkg-config,

Me too.

 > except that it's close to useless/half-broken for dynamic
 > linking on systems (like GNU/linux) that support recursive dynamic
 > linking...</disclaimer>

 > Reading you .pc.in files, It seems that some point is missing: shouldn't
 > libcdio_cdda, libcdio_paranoia and libiso9600 require libcdio?

Yes, I think you are correct. It's possible to separate libiso9660
into a part that doesn't use libcdio, but that part is combined in
with the part that needs libcdio right now.

 >  And shouldn't libcdio_paranoia also require libcdio_cdda?

Yes, I think that is correct too.

 > Anyway, this does not solve the issue I saw, the libcdio_cdda.so library
 > is still not linked with libm. I just changed it in CVS.

Okay. Thanks. I've removed the potential -lm linking then from the
package.

The tarbal and CVS have been updated. Check revision numbers. Will go
through the test process yet again. And let me know if there are
further questions or problems. Thanks.