Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Skype Replacement?

From: andrew
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Skype Replacement?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 07:21:34 -0400

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:09:14AM +0100, ramana.kumar@gmail.com wrote 10K
bytes in 204 lines about:
: only supported up to XP. Looking at the options I guessed Jitsi would be a
: good choice.
: we try XMPP/Jingle instead of SIP.

Odd. I switched from skype to jitsi a while ago and have found it works
fantastically well just about anywhere in the world. I've had text,
voice, and video chats with people everywhere. As far as I'm concerned,
jitsi is the free software replacement for skype.

There are ISPs in the world that filter by protocol, and VOIP seems to
be a common target. However, voice over XMPP generally works fine in
this case.

--
Andrew
pgp 0x6B4D6475