Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [fossil-users] [OT] Who's interested in projec

From: Mark Holmquist
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] [fossil-users] [OT] Who's interested in project management & collaboration tools? And...
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 09:58:25 -0700

Before that, we'll actively distribute alpha and beta code to
contributors (we're hoping to attract testers and developers) - we'll be
providing access to our server and certs to contributors, and
contributors will be free to further distribute all source and binary
code - it's just that we won't be broadly distributing from our own
repository until formal release.

I hope this clarifies things.

No, it doesn't, because there's still the matter of "pay $X more for the source code during alpha and beta". However much you're throwing around the words "distribute" and "source" and "contributor", there's a dollar amount sitting between binary and source, and that's directly contrary to this list's mission.

Good that you're releasing it under GPL after release, sure, but you don't need to restrict it during alpha and beta. Just release it under GPL. How difficult is that?

--
Mark Holmquist
Contractor, Wikimedia Foundation