Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Moving Forward

From: 'smee
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Moving Forward
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 14:46:03 +0000

Quote from you:
"The outrage (and demand for new leadership) is coming from real women
who
have tried to participate in free software and been rebuffed by sexist
behavior who felt that perhaps at this moment they might *finally* be
heard."

Please give examples giving details of how these people were
'rebuffed'. What exactly were they trying to do when they were
rebuffed?

Serious question. Were they submitting code? Were they doing QA work?
Which project rebuffed them and what was the reason given?

I think most projects (especially those conscientious enough to be in
the free software movement) would be happy to have contributions from
anyone and don't go out of their way to even find out the sex of
contributors, much less 'rebuff' them for being a particular sex.
And, the funny thing is, these contributors could fork the code, call
out the sexism, and basically take over the code of any project they
were interested in. Anyone in free software knows this, it gives a
peaceful solution to these type of situations.

Why attack the FSF and RMS?

Epstein is the horrible piece of trash (as well as all of his
associates) that committed the worst atrocities we've heard of recently
against women.

Let's not take attention away from that fact or the fact that he is
likely still alive, and that Ghislaine Maxwell is still free and,
seemingly won't ever be charged or even approached about this. She is
trash and shouldn't be allowed to show her face anywhere in the world
again for being his accomplice.

Let's keep the spotlight where it belongs (epstein, maxwell, everyone
including judges and politicians who helped him) when it comes to all
the things you're accusing RMS of. Those are the real animals. I'm
starting to think this whole thing is a distraction from those pieces
of garbage. What do you think people? Don't forget EPSTEIN and MAXWELL
should continue to be the focus until that thing is actually resolved.

@ Deb Nicholson, I have a number of questions above, if you insist on
your assertion, then provide what I've requested please.