Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Moving Forward

From: Deb Nicholson
Subject: Re: [libreplanet-discuss] Moving Forward
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019 12:01:42 -0400

   On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 11:08 AM Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana
   <[1]paulo@phls.com.br> wrote:

     Hi Deb,
     On 24/09/2019 10:13, Deb Nicholson wrote:
     >    It also brought to the center of the conversation, many of the
     other
     >    times that women have been belittled, written off or subjected
     >    harassment here in free software.
     I have read a lot of people celebrating Stallman resignation.
     My feeling is the "Epstein-Minsky-MIT" debate was, as we say in
     portuguese "a gota d'água" (something like "last drop of water in
     the
     bucket"). And a lot of people from free software community decided
     not
     deal with this kind of behavior anymore.
     Am I right?

   That's definitely what I think is happening. It's confusing that the
   poorly written piece basically went viral, but there's been a pattern
   of problematic behavior. You (and others) may find this piece
   interesting,
   [2]https://medium.com/@thomas.bushnell/a-reflection-on-the-departure-of
   -rms-18e6a835fd84
   Best,