Re: Sacrifices made for Free Software

From: Adrienne G. Thompson
Subject: Re: Sacrifices made for Free Software
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2020 16:48:17 -0500

   Hi Jean Louis:

     Finally, think about the degrees, many times people with degree will
     get employed in companies where their bosses don't have any degree.
     It is case with me, I have no degree and I am employing people with
     degree, and many times it means little, we want practical skills to
     be
     demonstrated, with the degree or not.

   I've met a lot of people who either dropped out from university or
   simply didn't have the opportunity to go because of their
   circumstances. Some of them are highly intelligent, sometimes more so
   than others who resumes are literally wrapped in 3 degrees (not the
   vocal group :-) )
   Right now I'm having to deal with an absolute JackA** who did his PhD
   at MIT. He has 3 degrees. This fellow has been recruited to advise
   Jamaicans that I'm not the author of  GNU C-Graph because, as he
   claims, C-Graph could not have been written in the Third World! He is
   really fronting as a stooge / Uncle Tom for the defendants in the
   criminal matter concerning the theft of my BSc thesis, but the point
   I'm trying to make is that even with a PhD he apparently doesn't
   realise that he's made himself into a major league a**.
   We all know that some of the most talented entrepreneurs and hackers
   amongst us dropped out of university and changed the world. I'm merely
   pointing out to Nicholas that his odds of success will increase
   exponentially with his degree.
   Cheers
   Adrienne
   Principal / Executive Director and Chief Code Artist, GNU C-Graph
   --
   Freedom - no pane, all gaiGN!
   GNU C-Graph - [1]http://www.gnu.org/software/c-graph