Re: rests

From: Chris Jackson
Subject: Re: rests
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:43:54 +0100

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 02:25:57PM +0200, Rune Zedeler wrote:
> Chris Jackson wrote:
>
> > What's happening with rests at the moment? r4 currently gives
> > an r8, and r8 gives a classical r4 (a reflected r8).
>
> You haven't uninstalled the old fonts correctly. Remove any old
> feta-fonts, make -C mf/ clean, and make install.

Hmm, I used the clean-fonts script, but looks like there were still some
lying around (Debian). It doesn't matter, it's working now, probably
won't be able to reproduce what happened.

> > I didn't realise we had classical quarter rests - they're not
> > documented (what's supposed to be the syntax?). Not that I'd
> > want to use the nasty things - they're a PITA when reading
> > music!
>
> Please read the Changelog!
>
> 2002-01-17 Rune Zedeler <address@hidden>
>              added classical quarter rest
>       * lily/rest.cc: Use default rests when current style glyphs not
>       found - this allows
>       \property Staff.Rest \override #'style = #'classical
>
> - I even wrote how the syntax is... :-)

Please add entries to the reference manual when you add features like
this! This should be in the 'Rests' section. Especially since the style
property doc in the auto-generated Rest page doesn't mention this.

--
chris