Braille & Lime

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Braille & Lime
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 23:42:42 +0100

address@hidden writes:
> Otherwise, it seems to me that with the aid of a suitable font, another
> engraver might do the trick for this.
> The Braille Music is encoded as a Braille character stream not too disimilar
> to standard music notation so that it could be another output option not
> unlike figured bass or somesuch.

The important question is how spacing and layout is handled.  If there
are no complex rules that relate durations and the spaces they take,
then a variant of XML (or perhaps, hacking up something like the MIDI
backend) is probably the way to go.

(unless you want to mix normal notation and braille, of course)

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen