Re: Um ... new website frontpage

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Um ... new website frontpage
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 05:07:51 -0700

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:30:57 +0100
Chris Jackson <address@hidden> wrote:

> Graham Percival <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> - "Why did we revive the esthetics of traditionally engraved music?"
> >
> > BTW, thanks for pointing out a spelling mistake -- it should be
> > "aesthetics". I'll fix that.
>
> AIUI, "aesthetics" is the British (and Canadian I guess) spelling, and
> "esthetics" the American, but I agree we should be consistent here.  I think
> the British version sounds more, um, beautiful :)

That might be... although I double-checked it using http://www.m-w.com/ , which
I'm pretty certain is an American dictionary.

OK, let's turn to the Almighty to settle this:
http://www.google.ca/search?q=esthetics   Results 1 - 10 of about 85,900.
http://www.google.ca/search?q=aesthetics   Results 1 - 10 of about 847,000.

I rest my case.

Cheers,
- Graham "what, don't you use google as a spell checker, too?" Percival