RE: Fret Diagram markup

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: RE: Fret Diagram markup
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 20:42:05 +0200

address@hidden writes:
>       * scm/fret-diagrams.scm: add fret-diagram-verbose markup;
>       modified fret-parse-string so it prepares for calls to
> fret-diagram-verbose
>       Changed display constants to props so they are available for
> \override.

OK!  Maybe you can adapt the fret-diagram.ly file
too?

Anyway, it looks better already!

Still some minor  points:

* font-name/font-magnification is not the preferred interface for
finding fonts. We try to use
font-family/font-series/font-shape/font-size. font-name is for  those
who wish to venture beyond standard fonts.

cmss8  is font-family -> sans, font-series -> medium, font-shape ->
upright. The font-size depends on the size of the staves.

* the doc string is formatted by texinfo, which will wrap paragraphs
  differently from the input. Probably you want

   Possible elements in @var{marking-list}:
@table @samp
@item (mute @var{string-number})
  blah blah

@end table

the same holds for the fret-diagram doc string.

BTW,

ly:stencil-get-extent was renamed to ly:stencil-extent, I believe.