Re: removing unwanted accidentals

From: Stephen
Subject: Re: removing unwanted accidentals
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 09:34:40 -0500

Karl,

The problem appears when you put all the movements together **under the same score**. I consider this to be a midi bug. If you put each movement in its own score, all your engraving problems would disapear, the movements would appear as they do in the separate scores. The midi files would overwrite each other as the movements were processed leaving the midi file only representing the final movement.

It would be nice if midi worked the sames as engraving, just as the separate scores are concatenated into the same book with a default amount of space separating each one, might not the midi files from each score be concatenated into the same midi file with a default amount of silence between each score?

This amounts to asking that \midi {} work outside of the score block. Instead of this:

\book {
 \score { \music1 \layout {} \midi {} }
 \score { \music2 \layout {} \midi {} }
 \score { \music3 \layout {} \midi {} }
 \score { \music4 \layout {} \midi {} }
}

we have:

\book {
 \score { \music1 \layout {} }
 \score { \music2 \layout {} }
 \score { \music3 \layout {} }
 \score { \music4 \layout {} }
 \midi {}
}

I don't think this works though. So instead, you should remove the \layout {} from inside your \score {} block to create the midi file and make a new \book {} block for the layout, like this:

\score {
 \music1
 \music2
 \music3
 \music4
 \midi {}
}

or however you already are doing it, but without any \layout {} blocks and:

\book {
 \score { \music1 \layout {} }
 \score { \music2 \layout {} }
 \score { \music3 \layout {} }
 \score { \music4 \layout {} }
}

with no midi.

In addition, it would be nice if you added different midi instruments to the voices:

\set Staff.midiInstrument = "violin" etc.

I haven't been very helpful to you so far, but I think this is all useful advice, germane to your project.

Stephen

----- Original Message ----- From: "Karl Hammar" <address@hidden>