Re: make install fails with Lily 2.7.x

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: make install fails with Lily 2.7.x
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 07:44:38 +1100

Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

> Cameron Horsburgh writes:
>

>>install-info --remove --info-dir=/usr/local/info ./out/lilypond.info
>>install-info(./out/lilypond.info): failed to lock dir for editing! File
>>exists
>>try deleting /usr/local/info/dir.lock ?
>

> Did you try?

Yes, I did. The result is exactly the same.

>>I have searched the archive and a similar problem was reported in
>>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2005-08/msg00071.html
>

> It's similar, but not the same.
>

>>The replies seem to suggest that the problem was fixed, but apparently not!
>

> That problem was fixed, this seems to be a problem with your system.

Given that no one else seems to have this problem, I suspected as much!
Do you have any idea where I should start looking?

An alternative which would keep me happy for now is to build LilyPond
without the documentation. Is there a not-too-involved way to do this?