Re: Tremolo positioning

From: Joshua Parmenter
Subject: Re: Tremolo positioning
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 15:56:38 -0800

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 23:41, Joshua Parmenter wrote:
Ignoring modern style sheets means not being able to type-set for
those companies. Which also means using Finale or Sibelius.

Or, perhaps this can be configurable. Maybe a stylesheet could be
loaded?
If you're new here, you may not realise that almost everything in lilypond is
configurable. As things stand, you can do
\override StemTremolo #'beam-slope = #0.3
at the beginning of your score and all tremolos will be sloped at 30 degrees. They can also be overridden individually. (And the same applies to tremolo
width).

Of course... I have only started working through the tutorial... so perhaps I should just keep a little quiet until I know what is going on!

Thanks,

Josh

So what we are discussing here is only the default behaviour. And I tend to agree with Han-Wen that the default should be to follow classical behaviour.

Cheers,
Joe

And I apologize for not introducing myself and my situation. I was
directed here from a MANTIS thread with Denemo. Basically, I'm a
composer that does quite a bit of open-source development (mostly
with SuperCollider). I've been using Finale forever, and am tired of
paying for upgrade after upgrade. Also, since I have acquired some
coding skills, and have just finished graduate school, I am looking for:

a) an alternative
b) a project I can expand personally to meet my needs (in my own
copy... if need be)
c) possibly a project that wants so assistance with development.

I spent a good 5 years learning how to make Finale do what I wanted.
I'm ready to invest time like that again if that kind of assistance
is wanted. So, that's where I am coming from. Most of my notational
needs are with extended 20th century technique... something no
typesetting program does well... the ability for lilipond to use TeX
obviously opens up many possibilities... I find this exciting.

Look forward to learning the program, and, if it is wanted, possibly
helping with development.

Best,

Josh