[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Request for comments: LilyPond 2.12
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 17:03:43 -0700
User-agent: Icedove (X11/20070607)

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
Graham Percival escreveu:

OK - I will be traveling the 1st weeks of september, so it's unlikely that
a stable release will happen before the beginning of October.
That sounds perfect.

I'd like to have a longer period between "almost ready" and "released". This is partly to gather more bug reports before the .0 release, but

I'm not sure if this a good goal. We already have plenty of bugreports :)
The idea is that we want to move people away from 2.10, and which we can do
if 2.11 no regressions.  Fixing other bugs is a lofty goal, but should only
delay the release if they are really serious.
I was thinking of regressions. I'm sure that we're going to find some after we release .12, but it would be nice if it was a smaller number than it might otherwise be. :)
A more realistic goal is to clear out input/new/  by the 12.2.2 release
-- we update LSR for .0, then start adding snippets.  This takes two or
three weeks, and in the mean time we fix some previously-unreported
regressions and release .1.

Shouldn't LSR start supporting 2.11 now? Then we can have a 'finished' 2.12 LSR by the time we release 2.12.
It's a question of 2.10 or 2.11 -- we'd have to drop 2.10, which might result in broken snippets. OTOH, this is a great way to do more regression tests. I'm thinking about asking if Sebastiano can update it in early Sep.

- Graham

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]