repo.or.cz, was Re: Copyright, new branches etc

From: Johannes Schindelin
Subject: repo.or.cz, was Re: Copyright, new branches etc
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:56:23 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

> Johannes Schindelin escreveu:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
> >
> >> When you've successfully pulled over ssh, you can create a new branch
> >> by doing
> >>
> >>   git push master:dev/rlittle
> >>
> >> Johannes, are there any more finegrined access control mechanisms to
> >> control who can fastforward which branches?
> >
> > You could, if you had shell access to the server.
> >
> > But I suggest something completely different: you already have a
> > lilypond.git/ on repo.or.cz.  Alas, it is quite outdated.
> >
> > Maybe you want to ask Pasky to change it to a Mirror of nongnu.org?
> >
> > Then everything would get easy: everybody who feels like it just
> > _forks_ the project.
>
> Sounds like an excellent idea. Could you ask pasky, perhaps?
>
> Han-Wen (a bit overwhelmed with work)

Seems pasky is overloaded with work, too.

But here are news: even if repo.or.cz's lilypond.git is outdated, you can
fork it!  And then sneakily update it with the current version!

Han-Wen, if you add "dscho" as user to repo.or.cz's lilypond.git, I can
update it in the mean time, until Pasky gets around to change this into a
mirror repo.

Ciao,
Dscho