fonts mangling

From: John Mandereau
Subject: fonts mangling
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:24:47 +0100

Hello,

I've experienced problems with latest clean build of Git branch master,
with new mf->pfb conversion by mf2pt1: dynamics and time signatures are
sometimes printed with some Helvetica font instead of feta-alphabet.
This doesn't happen all the time, though, it seems to happen randomly:
in many short snippets in Notation Reference, fonts are used correctly,
but some headwords show the problem (I attached cropped pictures of
Pitches and Rhythms headwords), and it looks even more strange in
examples (Satie's Petite Ouverture à danser and Proportional notation
look good, LilyPond demo and Les Néréides don't).

If that matters, I use Fontforge 20070511 (and all other up-to-date
Fedora 8 packages).  Can someone reproduce this problem?

Cheers,
John