Re: Using texi2html for the documentation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Using texi2html for the documentation
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 22:03:54 -0700

On Sun, 16 Mar 2008 15:43:31 +0100
John Mandereau <address@hidden> wrote:

> Our HTML docs, especially translations, are heavily hacked before
> taking final shape.  We *must* switch to texi2html in a branch other
> than master in order to fix nitpicks in docs formatting, including
> translated docs.  We should also check that texi2html provides enough
> translated strings in Spanish, French and German.

Since we're using the CVS version of texi2html, it will be weeks
before it's added to our make files.  In particular, I'm not going
to even suggest this until there's a release of texi2html that
does everything we need.

I'm guessing late May for this -- which I believe is after you
have more time, so you could coordinate the translation issues
much better.  I therefore suggest that we focus on the English
docs for texi2html at the moment.

At the moment, I have no real opinion on all the CSS stuff,
except to agree with you that it's somewhat subjective.  However, I'm
sure we have a few CSS geeks on the -user, not to mention Valentin...
so I would suggest that Reinhold focus on the more fundamental issues
(like the list stuff; thanks for asking on texi2html-bug, Reinhold!)
and fiddle with CSS later.