Re: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdf andtexi2htm

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdf andtexi2html ("The \override command")
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:21:00 +0200

2008/8/12 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
> John, there are lots of refs to this section.  I
> can find and change all the ones in the English
> docs, but I'm not sure what to do about the
> translations.  Advice please.

You can do exactly the same in translations, as node names and
sections titles are still untranslated in Texinfo sources.  I hope you
do these substitutions in an automatic or semi-automatic way: for
isntance, if you can compile docs including IR (getting compiled docs
into out-www subdirectories is enough), I recommend to use my
interactive and semi-automatic tool for checking and fixing xrefs, see
CHECKING CROSS-REFERENCES in Documentation/user/policy.txt.
Alternatively, you could use regexp substitution with sed, perl,
python or any other tool you're comfortable with -- but in this case
don't forget that some cross-references names are broken across 2
lines !

If this is too much of a hassle for you, just bug me for renaming the
section myself, I'll do this for all languages within 2 minutes :-)

Good luck
John