Re: Proposal for resolving Half/Quarter note ambiguity on pure tablature

From: Ricdude
Subject: Re: Proposal for resolving Half/Quarter note ambiguity on pure tablature staves (with partial code mod)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 03:54:02 +0000 (UTC)

Ian Hulin <ian <at> hulin.org.uk> writes:

> > What I'd like to have output is something like:
> >
> >         __        _____
> >         |     |   |  _|
> > -----+--|-----|---|---|----
> > -----+--|-----|---|---|----
> > -----+--|-----|---|---|----
>
> Ric, this is a problem.  With your proposal the up stem for a half note
> will look uncomfortably like an unbeamed eighth note.

Ahh, I see how you're interpreting my poor ascii rendition.  The thickness of
the half note flag should be the same thickness as the stem itself, not a beam.
The half note flag is more like a bent stem, instead of a separate flag.

Does that shed any light on how to address this?

[snipping quoted material that gmane is complaining about...]