Re: Make broken on master

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Make broken on master
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 09:01:53 -0600

On 7/27/09 8:15 AM, "John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Le lundi 27 juillet 2009 à 07:36 -0600, Carl Sorensen a écrit :
>> When I tried make, it got through rhythms.itely (which was were all the doc
>> changes I made were located).  But it failed later on:
>
> Which upstream Git revision of the sources did you try to build? There
> are so much changes between recent revisions that it matters a lot.

Current master.

>> Compiling
>> /Users/Carl/lilypond-working/Documentation/out/notation/programming-interfac
>> e.texi...
>> /Users/Carl/lilypond-working/Documentation/out/notation/programming-interfac
>> e.texi is up to date.
>> Processing include: identifiers.tely
>> lilypond-book.py: error: file not found: identifiers.tely
>
> Can you see in your log whether out-www/internals.tely has been built?
> There should be identifiers.tely in out-www.
I couldn't find a log.  Perhaps I was looking for the wrong filename.

There is a Documentation/user/out-www/identifiers.tely.

There is a Documentation/user/out/identifiers.tely

Those are the only identifiers.tely files in my source tree.

> At next failure, don't fear flooding my private mailbox with full (maybe
> compressed) logs, Gmail can bear it. This will prevent us from playing a
> time-consuming detective game.

OK, I can do that.

>> 1) Is there something I can do to fix this (i.e., is there a certain make
>> target I need to find)?
>
> Nothing besides cleaning up your working tree with whatever makefiles
> targets and "rm -rf foo" invocations are needed (make sure to save
> untracked but valuable stuff in obsolete directories first).

I've done make clean.  Is there more?

>> 2) Do I dare push my autobeaming patch without having a successful make?
>
> I'm not sure, but I pushed some revisions that didn't build or dist
> well, so I'm not in a position to answer this question :-)

I'm on vacation this week, and won't be able to clean up any messes I would
cause, so I'll push next Saturday.

Carl