Re: translations

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: translations
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 23:40:49 +0000

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 12:21:35AM +0100, John Mandereau wrote:
> Ooops, no, I still get index_xx.html filenames for splitted translated
> manuals.  In the process on solving this, I'm currently trying to make
> extract_texi_filenames work (making systematic trailing spaces removal),

Make sure that the texi2html is being called with the right
arguments.  I think the relevant command is in make/doc-i8n-*.
I remember spending ages trying to fix some problem with the
translation before I discovered the make/ dir, although I can't
remember if I actually *finished* fixing that problem nor not.

I'm surprised that you have this problem with filenames, though,
since I'm pretty certain it was working a few days ago.  You *are*
using texi2html 1.82 and not cvs, right?  And you did a make
distclean and make doc-clean and stuff?

> 12000 words is a too big amount for one submission, I'll see how to
> split this in two submissions.

web+intro, download+manuals, community?  in that order?

> I didn't include basic-authors.itexi,
> which is currently a mess,

Yeah, that's #845, marked High priority, so that'll stop 2.14.

> nor news* files

those shouldn't be translated, of course.

> BTW, why the mao are some
> news files present in {nl,fr}/web that seems nothing else than copies of
> the files in English?

Dunno.  Believe me, I never put anything in the translations.