Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Uploading a patch to Rietveld
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 18:44:41 +0100

----- Original Message ----- From: "Graham Percival" <address@hidden>
To: "Phil Holmes" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2011 5:59 PM

On Sun, May 01, 2011 at 05:36:45PM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
When I type git cl config I get "git: 'cl' is not a git command".
I'm guessing that this is because the latest version of the LilyPond
Ubuntu build doesn't have git-cl installed?

Are you certain that you have the latest version?  IIRC we added
git-cl in lilydev-1.1.  It was certainly one of the last things
that was added.  We certainly don't expect new contributors to
install git-cl themselves!

No - I've no idea, TBH.  My .iso is dated 12 March 2011.

It's probably not worth downloading a new lilydev just for this,
though.

+1

 From the CG I see some
stuff about installing it: should I do that?

Yes, although you'll need to use git to get the repository.

Done.  It put the code in lilypond-git/git-cl

Could someone walk me through:

Add the 'git-cl/' directory to your PATH, or create a symbolic link
to the git-cl and upload.py scripts in one of your PATH directories
(such as '$HOME/bin').

if your lilydev has a bin/  (lilydev 1.1 certainly does), then
 cd bin
 ln -s $HOME/path/to/git-cl-source-code/git-cl
should do the trick.  Without knowing the exact directory you have
the git-cl source code in, I can't be more specific.

I did this:

address@hidden:/bin$ sudo ln -s $HOME/lilypond-git/git.cl

which put a symlink in my bin directory. Still can't type git cl and get it recognised, though.

--
Phil Holmes