Re: parameters in metafont files

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: parameters in metafont files
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:23:18 -0600

On 6/10/11 5:43 AM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> 2011/6/10 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>>
>> On 6/9/11 3:18 PM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> I remember that i tried doing this separation, but
>>> something didn't work. I hope i have that draft somewhere though.
>>
>> I think that what causes problems is you lose the definition of
>> black-notehead-width (which comes from feta-noteheads).
>
> Yes.
> I discovered that my previous try is available as Rietveld issue:
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4273119/
> Unfortunately i still don't know how to extract the information about
> black_notehead_width. It should be made some kind of a global
> variable, but the main problem is that its value is not specified
> explicitely, but it's a result of a drawing operation.

I've looked at this some more.  In feta-noteheads.mf, line 39, we do

save black_notehead_width

which establishes black_notehead_width as a local variable to the group.

It may be as simple as eliminating the save statement for
black_notehead_width.

Alternatively, it may involve expanding the group, instead.  But I haven't
worked that out yet.

HTH,

Carl