Re: parameters in metafont files

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: parameters in metafont files
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 17:02:18 +0200

Hi,

i wanted to reply yesterday, but my dad broke our internet connection :)

W dniu 8 czerwca 2011 00:05 użytkownik Carl Sorensen
<address@hidden> napisał:
> On 6/1/11 9:39 AM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> (...) and have it output a flags.otf-table file looking like this
>>
>> (flags .
>> (u .
>> ((3 . (arbitraryRealValueChosenByMe))
>> (4 . (anotherArbitraryRealValueChosenByMe))
>> [...] ))
>> .
>> (d .
>> [...] )))
>>
>> Please help!
>

> After looking more at this, it appears that the .otf-table files are created
> by parsing the log files created during font creation.  See
> scripts/build/mf-to-table.py
>
> So this means that your magic command would need to emit a keyword and a
> real value to the log file, and mf-to-table.py would need to be modified to
> read the keyword and the value and put it in the table file.

Carl, you are great! After struggling with this shortened-flags issue
for 5 months, i wouldn't have enough motivation to continue my work
without your help!
Right now I'm reading all the stuff that i did to remind myself where
i am. As for now it looks that you are pointing me in the right
direction!

Thanks!!
Janek