Re: New git cl :: rebase patches

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: New git cl :: rebase patches
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 12:23:49 +0100

On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 04:08:45PM +0200, Julien Rioux wrote:
> I guess most of us don't have any privilege to change this status on
> googlepage.

Actually, we try to give this privilege to everybody -- google
code doesn't allow us to make it actually available to the whole
world, but we add people to the issue tracker at the drop of a
hat.

If you have a google account (not necessarily gmail), please email
Phil to get yourself added.

> Moreover, it seems to me that Mike's use-case was simply
> to store his patch somewhere while he fiddled with his local git
> repository, with the intention to reapply his patch later, but not
> to make it public. I am no git expert, but I am fairly certain that
> this can be handled completely locally by learning a few git
> commands.

Yes.  There is also a use-case for sending a patch "not for
serious review" -- i.e. ask for a few tips about general
architecture, but not asking James to do a regtest check.

This should be done either by omitting any change to
code.google.com (with the -s flag to git-cl), or maybe a new
--work-needed flag to git-cl, which would set the issue to
Patch-needs_work instead of Patch-new.