Re: Whitespace and scheme

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Whitespace and scheme
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 12:59:16 +0100

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 11:07:57AM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> Would I be right in saying that in scheme files (a) (define lines
> should always be left-justified (no space before) and (b) indents
> should always be 2 spaces and never tabs?

Unfortunately not.  The current situation for scheme is:
- no fixed rule
- that said, "do whatever emacs does"
- latest summary is here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2012-04/msg00312.html

The current "maybe tabs, maybe spaces, maybe whatever" part is
very unfortunate, but it will take a certain amount of effort to
resolve this.  It shouldn't be as bad as the C++ / astyle
arguments from the past few years, though.