Re: Issue 3718 in lilypond: Patch: Web: Reword contactUsAbout macro

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Issue 3718 in lilypond: Patch: Web: Reword contactUsAbout macro
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 10:28:38 +0100

Am 19.12.2013 11:32, schrieb address@hidden:
Updates:
     Labels: -Patch-countdown Patch-push

Comment #4 on issue 3718 by pkx166h: Patch: Web: Reword contactUsAbout
macro

Patch counted down - please push

What should I do now?
The CG says I should "send the patch to my mentor", but obviously this isn't applicable.

And I have a few more general questions that don't seem to be covered in the CG:

1)
origin/master has moved in the meantime. I can rebase my patch without conflicts in this case, but what is the general task at this point?

- rebase my branch on origin/master
- if that works, create a patch with patch-format
- send it - where?

2)
What to do if the rebase would require changes to resolve conflicts? Wouldn't the changed patch have to be reviewed first?
(possibly causing a loop with the next rebase ...)

3)
What to do if my branch contains more than one commit?
Should I squash them so the patch is one (big) commit? I wouldn't like that, for example because I would separate commits that move stuff (e.g. to other website nodes) from commits that change text (so translators have easier work)?

3b)
Commit messages haven't been part of the review process, right?
So basically I'm responsible that commit messages of my (multi-commit) patch are accurate. Is that right? If yes, I think that should be documented in the CG (I can do a few improvements in the CD, along getting acquainted with the process)

Urs