Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond

From: Alexander Kobel
Subject: Re: fixing German's Wikipedia entry of LilyPond
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 14:56:04 +0100

On 01/13/2014 02:30 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Which browser?

Firefox 26, Chromium and Konqueror 4.8.5 - also after reload.

Very strange.

Fine here with Chromium (Debian wheezy, v31.something) and Iceweasel 23, but the cropped image I made (see below) exhibits the "blue only"-behaviour. Workaround also below.

BTW, how can I make Lilypond crop the SVG, similar to EPS output?

I only know the setting of the paper dimensions beforehand.

Looks like this should be put on the wishlist...

---- (fully?) working version below ----
inkscape --verb=FitCanvasToDrawing --verb=FileSave --verb=FileClose file.svg

does the job, albeit not from LilyPond.

Also, IIRC not all browsers can deal with SVG fonts very well - maybe you should convert to paths? That'd be

inkscape --verb=EditSelectAllInAllLayers --verb=ObjectToPath --verb=FitCanvasToDrawing --verb=FileSave --verb=FileClose file.svg

at the expense of an increase of file size by ~30%.

---- (fully?) working version here ----
This seems to be fine, but no clue why:

inkscape --verb=EditSelectAllInAllLayers --verb=ObjectToPath --verb=FileSave --verb=FileClose file.svg
./svgclip.py -o cropped.svg file.svg

where svgclip.py is here: https://github.com/skagedal/svgclip
If text is not rendered to paths first, this moves the tuplet numbers around, but with the Inkscape command first, it works.

BTW, I recognized that the SVG contains (local) links to the .ly file; did you remember to disable pointAndClick?

Best,
Alexander